When it comes to food, engaging the senses is very important. While sight and taste are normally at the forefront, smell also is a significant factor when it comes to making a purchase. In fact, most bakery shops use smell as a strategic approach to attract customers, which results in long lines to get your offerings. Here are some tips on how to create enticing scents from both natural and artificial substances to make your bakery as successful as Kanompang Wang Lang and Pablo.
Scents from natural substances
You can use natural substances to create scents that can be infused into your desserts. This can be done by extracting fragrances from flowers and leaves by floating them in water and using the scented water to make desserts. These substances include jasmine, cananga, rose and pandan leaves. One great example would be adding rose-scented water to your croissant dough to create rose-scented croissants. Here’s how to go about doing it:
- Clean your selected flowers.
- Clean a bowl.
- Pour boiled water into the bowl and allow it to cool down.
- Put flowers into the water, close the lid and leave it for 12-15 hours.
- Take out the flowers. Your natural scented water is ready!
Infusion with scented candles
Infusion using smoke from scented candles is a method suitable for baked treats like regular cookies as well as Thai-style cookies kleeb lam duan. Other than the candle scent, you may add extra fragrance from flowers as well. Here’s how:
- Create your baked goodies.
- Prepare a clean container with a lid for infusion.
- Get scented candles and flowers such as rose or cananga.
- Light the candle and place it in the middle of the container. Place desserts around the candle. Lay flower petals on top of the desserts. Blow out the candle flame and close the lid to allow the smoke to infuse into the cookies.
- Leave it overnight. Your infused cookies are now ready!
Scents from artificial substances
Artificial scents are ready-to-use products and are generally available in the market. They can be mixed with flour according to specified ratios. High-quality artificial scents can yield captivating aromas. For example, Best Foods Butter Flavoured Margarine will certainly give your fare an aroma similar to real butter.
Quality margarine is crucial for creating yummy bakery scents. Best Foods Butter Flavoured Margarine provides you with a strong butter aroma regardless of the application, even for cookies or cakes. Additionally, using it will make the mixture fluffier and easier to mix, resulting in a soft and smooth texture.
It is not difficult at all to follow our tips to create unique scents for your desserts. Experiment with your own formulas, and pave the way for your bakery to succeed.